Let’s talk about grill burgers. What are your tips for creating a yummy burger? What combinations of toppings and condiments do you prefer? And besides these, what are the factors that matter while talking about the taste and flavor of your burger. Everyone knows that well-grilled burgers are best for consuming as they are juicier and tastier. Knowing how long to grill burger is must for any griller. But grill times can vary based on the thickness of the patty, the kind of meat you use to make them and how you want to cook your burger.
There are different types of grilling ideas for your grill burgers according to the flavor and taste you want to cook your burger. Some people like the taste of the burger grilled in charcoal, whereas they are other ways of grilling ideas too depending upon your lifestyle. Whichever you choose, below we have mentioned some popular models for grilling burgers till date.
Traditional 2 Burner Gas Grill
Performance Series 2Burner Gas Grill
Professional 4Burner Gas Grill
KettlemanTRU-Infrared22.5” Charcoal Grill
Charcoal Grill 580
Charcoal Grill 780
Gas2coal Hybrid Grill
Using these burger grillers, you can make a burger of your own at home of your taste. But don’t ever think that only knowing to use griller can make your burger best. It depends upon the size and shape and the way you heat them during grilling time. One should know the temperature to grill burgers according to their content.
Thickness of Burger
For the best burger, you should make patties of thickness ¾ of an inch. Ensure your burgers to stay flat for best grilling. Create an indention in the middle of the patty to prevent the center from bulging. You should grill the burgers for long if the patties are of more thickness whereas the patties with less thickness consume less time. For best grilling, The patties should be more flat and slimmer so that it will get heat quickly and will be cooked at less time.
Everyone knows that burgers are either made up of vegetables or meat depending upon your choice. As vegetables are already boiled means, they are instated of eating already so it should be roasted with oil in the grillers. And regarding the meat also you should grill according to the meat type. According to taste and lifestyle, people use meat containing fat or meat without fat. Meat with fat usually beef should be grilled by covering it because flame up will be there as it contains fats. It should be cooked my moving it here and there and try to keep the flames aside as much as you can. But as you go for lean meat like the meat of turkey chicken and even salmon you should grill the patties by keeping its moisture by brushing with oil. Make sure that it won’t get burnt, so you need to look after that while grilling lean meat patties.
The cooking times are based on using high and direct heat. And moreover, it depends upon the type and content of the patty made.
- Medium rare: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional four minutes.
- Medium: cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional five minutes
- Medium Well: Cook patty on one side for three minutes .turn it over and cook for a further six minutes
- Well Done: Cook patty on one side for three minutes .turn it over and cook for an additional seven minutes
Unlike beef, however, chicken and turkey burgers should always be cooked to well done (no pink in the center). Salmon patties should be opaque in the center when done. The USDA recommends the minimum temperature of165 F for turkey and chicken whereas for 145F for beef. You can use a meat thermometer to check if your burgers are cooked properly.
If you want to grill juicy burger here, we have some examples which could lead you to make one of the best burger recipes at your home, and also you would learn how long to grill your burger to make it taste it better than before, and you would love to make ever and ever.
Accessories And Condiments
Condiments and accessories turn a quality grilled burger into your piece of art. This is where you can let your personality shines. Some Of the Items are below, which will help to add taste to the burger to make even juicier.
Bun-Slice In Half And lightly butter and toast on the grill before serving.
Greens- Watercress, Arugula, Lettuce
Cheese-American Cheddar, Blue, Feta, Provolone Jack, Swiss, Muenster
Onions- Red Yellow Sweet Caramelized Fried
Pickled- Pickles, Jalapenos, Peppers
Tomatoes- Vine Ripened Sundried
Potatoes-It Is Basically Used while serving
Condiments-Mustard, mayo, pesto, BBQ, sauce, ketchup
Accessories-Fried Egg Bacon Peanut butter, Mushroom Avocado, Slaw, Fresh herbs
Tips While Grilling Burgers
- It is so much important not to over handle the burgers once they are on the grill. Flip them just once and take care when you move them, so the burgers don’t get squished.
- Never flatten the burgers with the back of a spatula. This process presses out the fantastic juices and does not help you any better char marks but also leaves with the scars in the patty formed and makes it look ugly.
- Creating the best burger always starts with great ingredients, but you should make sure that it won’t get roasted more while grilling the patty.
- Watch the grilling time properly as a time to grill burger according to taste and flavor is different.
- Use long-handled spatula while grilling so that you can flip the patty from far and quickly. It will also protect you from getting burnt.
- And the other important thing that you need to do while grilling is to move the patty as the flame comes up. This usually happens in case of the meat burgers containing more fat the patty may get burn more so you should keep aside when there is flame during grilling. Also, you can cover while drilling so that the fire won’t come up as it does not get air. Otherwise, you can also use beer to avoid the flames.
Related Articles :