How to Make Veg Burger
We are going to discuss how to make Veg burger, which is a sandwich which consists of a bun, a cooked patty of only vegetables and often other ingredients such as cheese, onion slices lettuce or condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. You can make a veg burger at home as well as we can have them in the fast-food centers. The homemade burgers can be cooked with a broiler or grill, fried in the skillet or frying pan, or barbecued. They can also be baked. The method used to make the veg burger depends on what you have available and what you prefer by way of taste and texture. Whichever method you choose, after taking the patties out of the fridge, spritz them with a little cooking oil or brush them with some melted butter before cooking.
- 250 grams-2 large or 1.5 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 carrots-1 cup cubed
- ½ cup finely chopped beans
- ½ cup peas
- 1 inch or 1 ½ tsp ginger paste or ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- 2to3 green chilies deseeded and finely chopped
- Coriander leaves few finely chopped
- 1to ½ tsp garam masala or any spice mix
- ½ cup bread crumbs or rice flour
- Salt as needed
- 1 ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup besan chickpea or rice flour or cornflour for better
- Burger buns
- Lettuce as needed
- 1to2 ripe firm tomatoes (deseeded)
- 1 onion optional
Sauce Or dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or hung curd/greek yogurt
- 1 tsp extra olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ to ¾ tsp mustard powder
- 1l4 tsp pepper powder
- Salt if using Greek yogurt
Even the world’s best burgers all start somewhere. So here’s your basic recipe to make a veg burger. This one has just a little flavor and texture to get you started. Master this and move on to mixing vegetables of your taste, adding seasonings, glazing, piling high toppings and bun selection to create your signature burger.
Preparation of Patty to make Veg Burger
This recipe uses only veggies to make the patty, and no beans and no soya is used. We can use rice flour in this recipe which is the best choice for absorbing the moisture in the steamed veggies. We can also use bread crumbs if we don’t have rice flour.
- Steam potatoes and beans until half cooked then add the rest of veggies and steam until just done. They should not be mushy. Mash these well when cooled
- Add chilies ginger gram masala salt mint or coriander. Mix them up well along with the bread crumbs or roasted flour. Make equal sized 5 balls and flatten them
- Make a batter with rice flour using enough water. Dip each of these in the mixture and then in the bread crumbs.
- Set them aside for a while. Make a sauce by mixing mayo Greek yogurt olive oil lemon juice salt and pepper. Mix well
- On shallow pan fry the patties until golden. Drain on a kitchen tissue
- Transfer the oil to a bowl. Slice and toast the buns.
Use this seasoning I think you will never, ever go back to the pre-made frozen patties you can buy from a grocery store.
Making Veg Burger
- Slice each bun in half. Place, cut-side down, on the barbecue rack and toast for 1 min until they are lightly charred.
- Spread some ketchup if you like. Place the patties then the onions, lettuce add tomatoes, add sauce and place the other slice of bun. The veg burger is ready. You know how to make the veg burger. Best served immediately. Keeps good for 2 Hours if no Mayo is used.
- Please serve them with French fries, onion rings, chips, or other sides, along with a soft drink, juices or beverages.
- You can make some art or design burger in the theme to serve people using
- In case that your burger buns are getting soggy, try toasting them ahead of time.
- Before forming the patties mix the meat with eggs and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. This will give them a richer taste and help keep them from falling apart.
- If using Sesame Buns, toast them Sesame side up. Adds a nice toasted sesame flavor.
- Try mixing the vegetables, especially boiled potatoes with dried onion soup mix instead for a stronger flavor.
- Prepare the toppings, while the burgers are cooking to utilize the time well and for fast result
(Wash the lettuce and tomatoes. Halve the burger buns, then thinly slice the tomatoes. Place the ketchup and mayonnaise on the table for diners to make their own choice.)
- Do not forget to wash your hands after touching the vegetables every time.
- Make sure that your toppings like lettuce tomatoes and ketchup are healthy enough to serve.
- Make sure your burger is well-cooked. Though you may prefer your meat rare or medium-rare, it does increase the risk of food poisoning. Cooked meat needs to reach a specific temperature for a specified period to kill any bacteria that may be inside.
Burgers do have nutritional importance too, as they are beneficial to health. Serving One burger consists of 190 calories, 1.5g total fat,120mg sodium,37g carbohydrates(10 g dietary fiber,6g sugar),10g protein. Veg Burgers contains high fiber and low fat, so are suitable for consuming.
Here are some of the best veggie burger recipes that will guide to make an even better burger.
Mushroom Veggie Burgers
Mushroom veggie burger recipe may surprise you with how tasty it is. Mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture; the addition of pinto beans makes this recipe high in fiber and protein too. It is perfect for those that are meat lovers since the taste is almost similar. This is also economical since it costs less than meat.
Vegan Black Beans Burgers
It is easy to make, as well as tasty. They aren’t quite firm enough to toss on the backyard grill, so you may want to chill them after forming them into patties, or, you can lightly fry them in oil for a quick, everyday meal. This veggie burger recipe is both vegetarian and vegan.
Tofu Veggie Burgers
It is easy to make and great for an everyday vegetarian and vegan lunch, dinner, picnic, or a vegetarian barbecue. To make them gluten-free as Just swap out the regular flour for any gluten-free flour. And then you can enjoy!
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Portobello mushrooms make for a healthy veggie burger recipe for a barbecue or cookout and have a hearty and rich flavor. If you need a simple and easy way to substitute meat in your veggie burger, Portobello mushrooms are the way to go!
Bean Burger with Cornmeal and Salsa
An easy veggie burger with just a few essential ingredients and some spices, these are very quick and easy to make in your food processor. These veggie burgers will hold together well on your backyard grill.
Potato and Bean Veggie Burgers
You can make fabulous veggie patties from potatoes as potatoes absorb the flavors added to them quite well, and have a satisfying texture that is both crunchy and soft. You can spice up this potato and bean veggie patty recipe a bit by adding some garlic, seasoned salt, or other spices.
Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burger
Spice up a basic vegetarian and vegan black bean burger patty with some cayenne pepper and hot sauce! This black bean patty will hold together well enough to grill, or you can pan-fry it in a bit of oil.
List of 100 Egg recipes