How to Make Cheese Burger
Burgerrecipe.com is all about burger and in this article we are discussing about how to make Cheese burger, is a sandwich which consists of bun, a cooked patty of meat, vegetables adding cheese and often other ingredients such as onion slices, lettuce or condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. Cheese burger can be made in home as well as we can have them in the fast food centers. The homemade burgers can be cooked with a broiler or grill, fried in the skillet or frying pan, or barbecued. Cheese burger can also be baked. The method to make cheese burger depends on what you have available and what you prefer by way of taste and texture. Whichever method you choose, after taking the patties out of the fridge, spritz them with a little cooking oil or brush them with some melted butter before cooking to make cheese burger. Ingredients to make cheese burger are given below:
- 250 grams of fresh meat
- 1 pinch or 1 ½ tsp ginger paste or ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- 2 to3 green chilies deseeded and finely chopped in small pieces
- Coriander leaves few finely chopped for taste
- 1to ½ tsp garam masala or any spice mix
- ½ cup bread crumbs or rice flour ,depends on what is available
- Salt as needed
- 1 ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup besan chickpea or rice flour or corn flour for better taste
- Freshly baked Burger buns (you can buy from nearby bakery)
- Lettuce or cabbage as needed
- 1to2 ripe firm tomatoes (deseeded)
- 1 onion optional
Sauce Or dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or hung curd/Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp extra olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ to ¾ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- Salt if using Greek yogurt
Here are the simple steps to make cheese burger at home which consumes less time and money, you would love to do.
Get the Right Ground Beef
For the ideal type of burger you need to choose right type of ground meat .While choosing meat you can go for lean meat rather than meat that contains much more amount of fat. You can look for mix of 80 percent of lean beef along with 20 percent fat to make the burger juicer tastier and favorable. You can also season with salt pepper using gentle touch as over mixing or compacting the ground meat will result in dense and firm burgers. First of all put the meat in the bowl along with the chopped onions and other spices and mix it well with egg. And then get ready form the patties.
Form the Patties
Divide the mixture into five. Lightly wet your hands. Roll the mixture carefully into balls, each about the size of a tennis ball.
Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten into patties about 3cm thick. All the burgers will cook evenly when are of same size so you need to make sure that all are of same size and thickness. Put on a plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 mins.
Sear and Flip
Sear the burgers directly over the coals until brown and crispy on the bottom about more than five minutes. Be careful not to char the meat or press too hard on the patties with spatula while cooking, you may squeeze to all those favorable juices .Fare ups will definitely happen because meat consists of fat or oil. The fat will be dripping onto the coals .simply move the burgers to the other side of the grate until the flames subside. Use long handed spatula to flip the patty only once to so that the patty can hold the juice inside. Cook for 5 mins more for medium. If you like your burgers pink in the middle, cook 1 min less each side. For well done, cook 1 min more.
Move and Cover
As the burgers are seared reposition the burgers so that they are no longer directly over the coals place lid at the bbq and continue cooking until they reach the desired temperature. It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to confirm the temperature
Assembling Your Creation with Cheese and Buns
Slice each bun in half. Place, cut-side down, on the barbecue rack and toast for 1 min until they are lightly charred. Spread some ketchup if you like. Place the patties then the onions, lettuce add tomatoes, add sauce and place the other slice of bun. As the burger approach completion now it’s time to add cheese. And if you want to give it enough time to achieve melty goodness so plan ahead
Making Cheese Burger
Slice each bun in half. Place, cut-side down, on the barbecue rack and toast for 1 min until they are lightly charred.
Spread some ketchup if you like. Place the patties then the onions, lettuce add tomatoes, add sauce and place the other slice of bun. Beef burger is ready.
There is no need to rest the burger so put it right on the roasted buns add the toppings as you want and best served immediately. Keeps good for 2 Hours if no Mayo is used.
- It is better if you serve them with french fries, onion rings, chips, or other sides, along with a soft drink, juices or beverages.
- You can make some kind of art or design burger in the theme to serve people using
- In case that your burger buns are getting soggy, try toasting them ahead of time.
- Before forming the patties mix the meat with eggs and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. This will give them a richer taste and help keep them from falling apart.
- If using Sesame Buns, toast them Sesame side up. Adds a nice toasted sesame flavor.
- Try mixing the meat with dried onion soup mix instead for a stronger flavor.
- Prepare the toppings ,while the burgers are cooking to utilize the time well and for fast result
(Wash the lettuce and tomatoes. Halve the burger buns, then thinly slice the tomatoes. Place the ketchup and mayonnaise on the table for diners to make their own choice.)
- Do not forget to wash your hands after touching the raw meat every time.
- Make sure that your toppings like lettuce tomatoes and ketchup are healthy enough to serve.
- Make sure your burger is well-cooked. Though you may prefer your meat rare or medium-rare, it does increase the risk of food poisoning. Cooked meat needs to reach a certain temperature for a specified period of time in order to kill any bacteria that may be inside.
- Beef is cooked at 77°C (170°F). You may find that reaching these internal temps leads to a dry product, so some people only cook it to an internal temperature of about 150°F.
- If you’re using lean meat, there isn’t enough fat to cook it without burning so we need to use fat or oil.